Welcome!

Cake . . . It's not JUST dessert!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chicago Bears

This cake was made for my Dad's 56th birthday! We are HUGE Chicago fans, so I decided to make him a Bears themed cake. It is almost impossible to tell from the picture, but the blue fondant is impressed with balloons, "Happy Birthday", and "Celebrate". The cake and cake board are decorated with MMF. I then painted the numbers onto the cake board using Wilton's White-White.


My dad's not a big dessert person, but loves his peanut butter cups. So, every year I make him a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling. This year I decided to switch it up a bit. So, I made him a Peanut butter silk cake. I followed the cake recipe and changed the filling just a little. I added cocoa powdered and a little powdered sugar; giving him a peanut butter cake with a chocolate-peanut butter mousse. I then sprinkled crushed up butterfingers on top of the mousse; giving each bite just a bit of a crunch!  TFL

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great cake. Adding to the aesthetics is that it is a peanut butter cake!

    ReplyDelete